Congratulations Kelly McCarter
Pigeon Forge Primary's Teacher of the Year
TCAP testing begins April 12- May 5. Please make every effort to have your child to school on time and ready to test.
Tips on preparing your child for testing:
- Many teachers report that students who don't do well on tests haven't gotten enough sleep, and haven't eaten breakfast on the morning of the test. Doing both of these things will ensure that your child is working at full capacity. Our school provides free breakfast to the students so make sure they are here in time to fill their bellies.
Las pruebas de TCAP comienzan el 11 de Abril al 5 de Mayo. Por favor, haga todo lo posible para que su hijo/hija llegue a la escuela a tiempo y listo para probar.
- Muchos maestros informan que a los estudiantes que no les va bien en las pruebas es porque no han dormido bien y no han desayunado el día del examen. Estas dos cosas asegurarán que su hijo use toda su capacidad.
On a Daily Basis
There are a number of ways that you can maximize your child's learning capabilities throughout the school year, which can lead to confident test-taking. Some of these strategies include:
- Assisting your child with homework and ensuring that your child is completing all homework assignments
- Helping her to develop good study habits, thinking skills, and a positive attitude towards education from an early age
- Ensuring that your child has good attendance at school
- Staying in communication with your child's teacher
- Encouraging your child to read as much as possible, and to increase her vocabulary - even reading magazines, newspapers, and comic books regularly will help improve her reading skills
- Looking for educational games and programs that engage your child
- Helping your child learn how to follow directions carefully
Calendar of Events
Yearbooks on sale for $40.